View Single Post
Old
10-08-2012, 01:11 AM
Homesick

vCash: 50
[QUOTE=supert;54820717][QUOTE=monkeywrench;54809789]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Let's look at 2011-12. Not the previous seasons because Turris was misused and is a late bloomer.

Turris had 29 points in 49 games for the Sens. Good for a 0.592 points per game.

Gagner had 47 points in 75 games. Good for 0.627 points per game.

Negligible difference offensively. Turris put up these numbers while being the Senators most important defensive forwardand playing shutdown against the likes of Tavares, Stamkos, Giroux and Malkin. If he only had offense to focus on, he could have easily scored more than Gagner. Turris has no 11 points in 2 games to fall back on either, which quite inflated Gagner's numbers above where they should be.

Take out the fluke 11 points in 2 games and Gagner goes down to 36 points in 73 games, less than 0.50 ppg.
I do not know why people always discount Gagner 8 point game . He put up the points ,he earn them playing a very good team . While you are at it why not discount a goalie who post back to back shutouts or a player that scores 4 goals in a game . Also how the hell do you call Turris a late bloomer and yet you will not say the same about Gagner when his dad never broke out until his mid 20s . I would bet anything at the end of their careers Gagner is consider the better player . I do not post much in the way i think a player will do , but i bet the next full season Gagner plays he is close to 60 points . The kid always works hard and has improved every year in some way . I think he would be putting up more points now if he did not work on his weakness every year and only focus on Offence only
I am an Oiler fan that would like a big second line centre only because we have a small top 6 . Gager has done fine for his age ,some player do not even get a call up to the NHL at his age .
Also by the sound of it you think Turris is some kind of stud by what he did in Ottawa . Brule ring any bells . He did a good job in Edmonton for a year then went back to his same old ways . Lot of player take off when they are traded only to come back down
Thats a load of ****. If he was the Sens most important "shut down" forward he would of played more than 6 seconds on the PK a game

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote