Thread: Prospect Info: Tyler Biggs's discussion thread.
View Single Post
Old
10-08-2012, 01:09 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
Could Leivo outscore him??
Probably. Biggs isn't in the OHL to put up superior offensive numbers. He's there to develop his physical game and get use to parking in front of the net. He's not the #1 juggernaut on the team in terms of offense either. Oshawa is a deep team and won't just rely on Oshawa to score. On the other hand, Leivo is a big part of the Wolves offense, probably the biggest. He's developed really well and he's stepped up every chance he's gotten so far for the Wolves. I had my questions about him carrying the load for the Wolves this year as the #1 guy and he's definitely solidified his spot there so far this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
PPP recently wrote an article comparing the two. Considering Leivo had 73 pts in 66 games last year I don't see why it would surprise anyone if he did.

At the same time though, Biggs brings more physicality, intimidation and intangibles. If he can score 50-60 pts and 20+ goals it will be a successful season.
Leivo had those points playing with the OHL's top scorer last season, so it's a bit tainted in that sense. But he's definitely got some skill and the Leafs brass should be very pleased with this pick. Could definitely be a gem down the road.