View Single Post
Old
10-08-2012, 07:07 AM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenmetalhead View Post
Care to logically explain why GDT's should be scrapped?

You have a general discussion thread and individual ones for games. By mixing up the games into general discussion you're going to water down the thread and make the game-day posts more difficult to track.

By your 'logic', we should scrap all threads and just have one giant TML thread.
There's some nice extrapolation via hyperbole.

The reason we've lumped Marlies/Prospects into the same thread in the past is because very few people actually discuss the Marlies as a team, but rather the talks lean to prospects that play on said team, so it hasn't been a necessity to segregate them.

Marlies' GDTs get some nice traffic, but nowhere close to the chaos and mayhem we see in a Leafs GDT. I just checked the GDT for the first game. While the game was ongoing, there were about 60 posts. 60, and most of those were from one poster. I'm sorry, but there's no way that's going to make people lose track of what's going on. The rest of the talk in that thread is what you would be seeing in a Marlies discussion thread.

Essentially, what I'm getting at is, you're going to have two different threads, which by and large will have the same discussions going on. We did just fine by having a single Marlies thread in the past (that was shared with the prospects thread). So why do we suddenly need multiple dedicated Marlies' threads?