Thread: Speculation: AHL, support or not?
View Single Post
Old
10-08-2012, 09:37 AM
eyeball11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
I go to McGill and saw UNB trash us last week. McGill are the reigning CIS champs, but we have lost 10 players from last year, of which 5 signed pro deals either in the AHL or Europe.

UNB is stacked though. For example Cam Critchlow, captain of the Mooseheads last year received minimal playing time.

The last two years though I went to quite a few McGill games, we had a few really solid guys the past couple years. Marc Andre Dorion was like Tomas Kaberle on defence, amazing vision, so calm and cool with the puck, he now is a top defenceman for Linz in Austria. Francis Verrault-Paul was our top scorer, and also the CIS's top s***t disturber. 2 years ago he led the league in goals with 28 (in under 20 games) and im pretty sure he also led the league in PIM's, he is now playing for the CT Whale.

Its fun hockey. Almost all these guys played major junior, and while many of the guys are just playing hockey for the CHL to cover tuition it is fairly fast paced.
The AUS is pretty talented. Most years there is one or two AUS teams in the championship final and if you follow the top 10, usually several of their teams are featured. If memory serves UNB once had 11 major junior captains on its squad? I could be wrong but I seem to remember reading it. That's crazy. Remember Boyce doing real well there before becoming a Leaf.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote