View Single Post
Old
10-08-2012, 11:50 AM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I don't think it works like that. For the refund program maybe it does, but if you keep your money on your account you are gaining 2% interest on the whole account for each month of the lockout. For instance, if my account is paid in full ($50.00 x 2 seats x 41 games = $4100), I am gaining $4100 x 0.02 /12 which is about $6.83 per month. At least that's how I understood it.
My bad. Refund is by games cancelled, True Blue by total paid in.

It is total amount, but only through cancellation. If they cancel in late December, you may only get a weeks worth of interest due to the "until either the resolution of the labor dispute or the end of the month in which a full season cancellation is announced, whichever comes first."

If the season goes by the wayside, they'll have your money from cancellation until next October with no interest paid to you for that time period. Granted, you would be paying in to next season come the end of March anyhow, but they'd have 3 months of no-interest to you.

But even $4k at 2% for a month is only $6.67 of interest.

Point is, there is nothing substantial to entice you to let them hold your money. They're not giving you any perk outside of the additional interest, which will probably be nominal at best.