Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Index 2012-2013
View Single Post
Old
10-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
I agree w/ you guys, I really like shift videos as they show us a truer picture of a player than highlight videos which are almost only scoring plays. Isolation vids are even better of course but are obviously not so easy to come by in most cases.

Grigorenko clearly has what will be elite-level playmaking sense and passing. How well he's able to take advantage of that and how the rest of his game comes together at the NHL level will be in question until he plays a couple seasons, but I personally believe he will be the most gifted playmaker we've had since LaFontaine (which isn't saying THAT much... I suppose Briere has been the best playmaker we've had since LaFontaine).

Like LaFontaine, he's also highly capable of scoring himself (LaFontaine himself was as much a goalscorer as a playmaker, outside of that one crazy season w/ Mogilny where his assists nearly doubled his goals the ratio was about even). In no way am I saying he'll be as good as or better than, but he could be the best we've had since and who really knows where the limit is. Seeing what happens when he has an NHL body will be interesting.