Thread: Huberdeau
View Single Post
Old
10-08-2012, 08:34 PM
JohnnyB11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbhabfan View Post
I've watched him play live probably close to 100 times & am adamant that Huberdeau does not have the upper body strength to handle the NHL for at least another year, so frankly the lockout is to his benefit so long as the Seadogs trade him. He has the hands, & he has the vision, skating's OK & he can get away without the physical aspect in the Q, among boys, but am afraid he will get eaten up unless he matures more physically. The bigger stronger oppenents are manhandling him to some degree already, especially with the Dogs having no one to at all to "watch his back" this year. The best thing the Pathers can do for him is to leave him in the "Q" but try to "influence" the Dogs to trade him to a serious contender at Christmas. He will become increasingly frustrated with each game he plays, with no finishers to work with, while he gets worked over during every game with the Dogs. Of course trading him will also allow the dogs to accelerate the rebuild, a couple of years from now, who knows...
If Huberdeau stays in the Q, there will be no need for Florida to try and 'influence' a trade. In that scenario there's no question Huberdeau gets dealt to the highest bidder at Christmas, and if he's staying in the league SJ will get a boatload for him.

As far as the upper body strength - I've watched him probably as much as you and I think he'd be alright - he definitely could use more strength but he'd be OK in the big league imo.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote