View Single Post
Old
10-08-2012, 08:43 PM
FlyerX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
Hey guys, Pens fan coming in peace.

I live in Philly and was wondering if you guys could tell me of good places in the city to play some pick-up games (inline or ice). I haven't played hockey really since I moved here (which was about 2.5 years ago) With the season on hold I am looking to get back into it and just wondering where everyone would suggest I start. Obviously Since I havent played in so long I will be very rusty, I also have never been a great Ice Skater (I can keep my balance and maneuver pretty well.. I just have a hard time stopping..) but on inline I am pretty good on my skates.

Preferably i'd like to play with people who just are there to have fun and not overly competitive. I know there will always be that one guy who is overly competitive and aggressive, but if the overall feel of the games aren't that would be ideal.

The only place I know about is Rizzo Rink, but I was wondering if there were any other places.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Good luck with that. I've never found any leagues or public hockey I've played in where guys didn't come to play and skate pretty hard. Certainly not unfriendly or where you'd have to worry about getting run or anything like that, but there are lots of guys out there who can play and they aren't going to take it easy within the accepted no-check format.

FlyerX is offline   Reply With Quote