Thread: Prospect Info: "All Things Peoria" thread...
View Single Post
Old
10-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Blues View Post
Rivs are stacked on RW which has left Shattock out. Shattock looked ok in the preseason...looks like he's added some needed weight. On RW will likely be: Nesbitt, Cracknell, Wannstrom and Peluso. Peluso has been playing big pre-season minutes and seems to have earned a spot. He's finally figured it out, like Reaves before him...its about constant hard checks.
Peoria is short on LW's to begin with, and are hurting even worse with Stefan Della Rovere out until Thanksgiving after knee surgery, so Nesbitt will likely play his off-wing and line up on the left side with Hensick and Cracknell on the top line.

Schwartz will likely play second-line LW, with McRae at center and Wännström at RW.

The third line will likely be Grachev and the talk of camp, Peluso. Two giants flanking the "Little Barriball Of Hate," the 21st-Century Pat Verbeek of the AHL, Jay Barriball.

Andronov will probably line up at LW on the fourth line until SDR comes back, with Andrew Murray at C and AHL-contracted Chris Bruton at RW. I would expect one of Andronov or Bruton, whichever is contributing least, to go to Evansville once SDR comes back. If they decide to send Andronov down, I would not be surprised if he said "nyet" and went back to Mother Russia to play in the Highleague (VHL) if no one has a spot for him on a KHL roster.

Quote:
Wonder if all 8 stay healthy, if a Dman might also head to Evansville. Likely Shields and Cundari on the bubble.
Concur re: Shields and Cundari. My best guesses for defense pairs are as follows:

First defense pair: Ian Cole - Cade Fairchild. These are Peoria's two best defensemen at present, so one of these lefties will be playing RD.

Second defense pair: Taylor Chorney - Brent Regner (AHL contract). Third defense pair: Brett Ponich - Scott Ford. Spare defensemen: Mark Cundari - David Shields

Quote:
fyi: not impressed by Andronov after 2 games.
I'm curious as to what your expectations were, or are.

Andronov has offensive upside, but hasn't had much chance to develop it in the last three years while playing fourth-line minutes in the defensively-oriented KHL. He seems to be a decent defensive forward, and if he can find a little offense to go with it, he will push Bruton down to Evansville when SDR returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Ok, so I was in Europe since Sept 28 so I'm a bit out of the loop here. I see that Sonne, Shattock and Beach were sent to Evansville but what about guys like Nill, Andronov, Regner, Bruton, Shields, etc? Those are the bubble guys I haven't heard about yet. I assume Peoria has a few more cuts left to make?
Nill: Failed physical on Day One of training camp, released by Peoria.

Andronov: Will play fourth-line W for Peoria, possible on his off-wing (left).

Regner: Likely the second-pair RD for the Rivs, and probably will be on the second power-play unit, too.

Bruton: On an AHL contract, will be fighting with Andronov for full-time fourth line duties.

Shields: One of only three natural RD's on Peoria's roster (Regner and Ford are the others); when the NHL season starts and Cole goes up, Shields will likely be the third-pair RD when Regner and Ford move up one pairing and Fairchild goes back to playing his natural left side.

Peoria is likely done with cuts/assignments to Evansville until the injured guys (SDR and Nigro) come back.