View Single Post
Old
10-09-2012, 02:27 AM
FinProspects

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
True, he can add muscle later, that is still something he will need to do. I know other people had difference preferences, but for me, I would be scared silly using a first round pick of a small AND weak player. Obviously, some other posters really like his skillset, but for me, those lack of physical traits scare me.
Lehkonen´s father is a former Sm-liiga coach and he has strong opinions regarding weight training especially for the younger players and it seems pretty obvious that Artturi is training with his fathers methods. It basically means that there is no sense in bulking up 5-7 kilos during the summer, because your mobility and the endurance of the muscle suffers from it. Its better to improve your muscle strenght bit by bit and keep your body healthy.

So the way I see it, Artturi Lehkonen has much more room to grow physical-wise, which is a positive thing. And it isnt like he is weak or anything, he seems very well balanced player already. He would not score at this pace otherwise.

FinProspects is offline   Reply With Quote