Old
10-09-2012, 04:55 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
I wasn't even commenting on the trade itself. Just on the value of Hemsky.

He had 8 points in 10 games at the WCs. Right now he is at 4 points in 6 games with HC Pardubice.

In 2010-2011 he had 42 points in 47 games.

I can understand questioning his health, but you can't really knock this guys skill.

25 points in 27 career games vs the Kings. I am pretty sure that would be appealing to a division rival....
No, you're absolutely right. He is a very talented player. I think he tends to get undervalued a bit, even considering his questionable health. That's why I tried to point out that, from Anaheim's perspective, this is less about value and more about team need. I'll plainly say that, in my opinion, Edmonton deserves to get more for Hemsky than I think Anaheim would be willing to offer. This isn't a slight of any kind towards Hemsky. It's just that if Anaheim were going to trade DSP, a player they are in love with(probably a bit too much, if I'm being honest), it would be to fill an actual need. Hemsky would definitely be a nice addition, but in the way adding whipped cream, and a cherry, can be a nice addition to a banana split.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote