View Single Post
Old
10-09-2012, 09:17 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Aki Berg View Post
I'm hoping that Nordstrom sprouting up in the Rideau Centre will start a tide of reputable merchants coming to town. H&M has also said that they're particularly horny to get into this market as well - they may show up in Bayshore after the expansion.
I think that anyone with a long enough memory to remember the horrific crash & burn that was Les Ailes Du Mode at Bayshore can tell you that it's not the right mall for large-scale high-end retail.

That being said, I think H&M is a pretty good fit for Bayshore, but anyone getting any ideas about anything glamorous and/or high-end landing in that mall can forget about it.

Speaking of crazy high-end malls, I was in Singapore a few weeks ago, and stayed in a hotel on Orchard Road, which is like the Rodeo Drive of Southeast Asia. I swear, I can't make this up - there was a Louis Vuitton store , and literally across the street from it, not 100 feet away?... yep, you guessed it: another Louis Vuitton store. It was kitty-corner to the Dolce & Gabbana store. I felt like I was going to get charged $100 just for looking in the general direction of that intersection.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote