View Single Post
Old
10-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Yeah. The one thnk I'm worried about is that his playmaking may not be developing as it should, as I think he know his linemates are often not the greatest, and shoots the puck more often than he should(although he has a great shot, so it's not too bad). While it would be great to add another sniper to our team, and he is doing extremely well, I think playing lesser minutes on a bad team has cons as well as the pros of working hard, I just don't want the "do it yourself" attitude to become a habit when he gets to the NHL level.
Personally I dont think Nicklas Jensen has the "do-it-yourself attitide" or will be in danger of getting it. Finding the net off course encourage you to shot more, and shooting is the only way to developing sniper skills. Playmaking-wise it's hard to really say whether playing in AIK will be good or bad for him....anyway it's a huge improvement from playing for the danish U20 or U18 where he had to do everything. I would think that it could build a lot of leadership skills and character.
Anyways SEL is not a league where you just can do it all-by-yourself. It's emphasize on defensive skills makes teamwork paramount. The lines have to play as a team to achive anything.

EDIT: The homepage svenskafans (swedish fans) elected Nicklas Jensen as AIK player of the month for september. So it looks like his attitude and his goalscoring both are appriciated.
http://www.svenskafans.com/hockeyzon...er-457719.aspx

Last edited by Justinov: 10-09-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote