View Single Post
Old
10-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Well let's see...

The gear you most likely won't ever outgrow would be elbow pads, shin pads, helmet, and gloves. Yeah they will wear out but should last a few seasons (the gloves may wear out sooner). Of course you don't need to spend a lot of money on elbows or shins, mid level stuff that fits and doesn't slide around is just fine. If you like your helmet and it's not more than a few seasons old, stick with it.

Gloves, sticks, and skates are the most personal items. I absolutely cannot stand the vast majority of gloves on the market because I like how mine fit, and skates are just as bad. Sticks I'm learning are right up there. So when you figure out what you like, stick with it.

That leaves shoulder pads and pants, both will depend on your size, and if you're losing you'll probably want new ones. Assuming you are a woman, the choices for shoulder pads if you've got a larger chest are kind of small, but a lot of women just use normal shoulder pads. You might even get by with slimmer pads like Sherwoods.

For pants, if they are protective enough, just get some suspenders and that will keep them from moving around too much. Once they get big enough that they are shifting around while you skate, then you'll have to upgrade, otherwise pucks WILL sneak into the gaps.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote