View Single Post
Old
10-09-2012, 12:26 PM
-DeMo-

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post

The whole team slumped. It's not fair to single Grabovski out of the entire group, especially considering the fact he's played against the toughest competition (of any TML forward) and had the most successful Corsi numbers (of any TML player by a wide margin). You take that away from the roster and you're not going to get better by supplanting a damned rookie for Grabovski

I know, he's overpaid, and he's not as consistent as you'd like him to be but he plays hard and has been a 20+ goal scorer 3 of 4 years here in Toronto. Suggesting the team is better without him is asinine, I'm sorry but it is. I'm not going to argue he's a long-term solution and what-not, because any team with a record as bad as Toronto's should look to improve everywhere, but the lack of credit you've given him just so you could tell the HFBoards collective that you were "right" is getting a little silly.
our best players have been our best players for the last 2-3 season's now and havent got it done, with most of them being in there primes now, Lupul, Kessel, Grabo, Mac, Phaneuf, Liles, others like Kulemin(26), Gunner(26 in a month) how many more years are these guys not gonna get the job done before we realize our core isn't good enough and it's time to hit the restart button. some times you have to get worse to get better.