Thread: Value of: Tarasenko to NJ
View Single Post
Old
10-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

vCash: 500
At 22, Henrique was the main reason with Kovalchuk why Devils made it to the SCF. The kid proved already that he may be there in the crunch time for a few more times. Also Henrique is a center playing top line minutes, and he'll be a RFA for 5 years again. Adam means 2-way plays at the NHL level. His offense is good, but his defense is just great. He kills penalties like a boss, takes pretty effective PP time, he can play wing perfectly also, his skating skills and backhander shot are close to elite. He's strong and doesn't fear anyone, ask Iginla.

Tarasensko is serioulsy over-evaluated here. No way in the real world a talented but totally unproven winger, that hasn't even play a single game in the NHL is worth a 22 years old top line center. STL being optimistic about his future is understandable, and I'm personally a fan of his, but Tarasenko is not expected to be the next Gordie Howe neither iIrc.

STL would've to start with Tarasenko+3rd to get Lamoriello's attention. And as much as I'd love to see Tarasenko with Kovalchuk in red&black, I really do, Henrique is already too important in the Devils system. All around 2-way centers under RFA contract for 5 seasons again would be a great significance anywhere anyway.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote