View Single Post
Old
10-09-2012, 06:03 PM
RECsGuy*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I think what you are pointing out is that it may be true that Wayne's immense talent might work against him in the "greatest King ever."

Heart and soul is what I look at. Luc Robitaille, Butch Goring, and Rogie Vachon actually come to mind first for me.

It was always cool to be a Kings' fan. Right from the beginning, with the parade of veterans that Cooke stocked the team with to the rise of the mid-70s talented teams, Kings' fans are special...and are directly responsible, in support of their team, to the Sun Belt and West Coast expansion: Ducks, Sharks, Stars, Hurricanes, Lightning, Panthers, and Predators fans all owe a debt of gratitude to the dedication of the Kings fans never to let go of the dream.
Don't give me the Linden vs. Bure speech. It's clear as day who owns the greatest on-ice Kings career.

The franchise had just 5 winning seasons and just 4 playoff seres wins through its first 21 years of existence.

In what amounted to less than 7 regular seasons-worth of play, Gretzky led the Kings to 4 winning seasons, 6 playoff series wins and the franchise's first Stanley Cup finals appearance, despite the likes of Sam McMaster, Barry Melrose and Nick Beverley screwing things up every way imaginable.

RECsGuy* is offline   Reply With Quote