View Single Post
Old
10-09-2012, 06:17 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip01 View Post
What happens when you have some good D is guys like Tanev get overrated when they are playing by the bottom because the team overall is doing well. It seems like any guy they bring up to play is all world according to my friends.

The whole thing started with Jason Botchford. Mr "Gaborik has purchased a house here and I am sticking to that story" lol.
While I agree every fan base over rates some of their players, with the oilers, we have had so many high picks and players that were given high marks by people outside of the organization, that we have more then personal opinions and comments from the oiler management.

What amused me about argueing with some canuck fans, when you point out that they have a good team and on good teams you have some players who look better then they are because of how good the team is. Canucks have one of the better top 4 d's and their top two lines can cause trouble and the play the tough minutes and those guys not on the top 2 lines or top 4 d--are not playing the tough minutes.

How often have we seen a player go from a good team to a team that is not as good and stink the place up? more often then the other way around. A guy like Tanev ( who has only played 54 regular season games and got a whopping 3 pts) has been very sheltered playing behind Edler, Bieska, Salo and hamuis. While Salo is now gone the canucks got Garrison to fill that spot and if there is a season this year, he will be on the third line with Ballard playing protected minutes. The four guys they have in front of them are all minute eaters playing over 20 minutes per game. Hamuis, Edler, Beiska and Harrison will all being playing 23 to 25 minutes per game and so that will leave only 10 to 13 minutes for the third line d who will be playing what I call sheltered time.

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA

Last edited by jumptheshark: 10-09-2012 at 06:26 PM.