Thread: Proposal: Mtl-nyi
View Single Post
Old
10-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
I wouldn't consider trading Subban in any deal which didn't get me an established star player in return. Grabner is a decent player, Martin is great in his role, and the prospect D are solid, but still prospects. Subban has already been our #1 defenseman, a very prominent starring role on the team, and still shows ample room for improvement. He may or may not ultimately fill the star billing we envision, but I wouldn't want to err on the pessimistic side there, not with the way he has developed his complete game as a pro already.

Most teams want the star power in general, and packages of lesser options and prospects aren't usually a sufficient return, not unless there are other motivating factors involved (cap issues, impending UFAdom, age, etc... none of which are in play with Subban).

I don't think it's unfair to state that Tavares is the only asset in the Isles system who should be considered in a deal for Subban. While understanding of course that the Isles wouldn't be going there. Might as well stick with "Subban is not available".