Thread: Prospect Info: Tyler Biggs's discussion thread.
View Single Post
Old
10-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Stephen23

vCash: 500
There is a nice little article on Biggs "Leafs prospect Biggs enjoying new digs"

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../20271356.html

Quote:
If Tyler Biggs felt robbed not getting a chance at the locked out Maple Leafs camp or being held back from the Toronto Marlies, he’s getting even and then some in the OHL.

His Oshawa Generals have a league-best record of 6-1 heading into this week and it’s in part because the Leafs first-rounder is playing such a vital support role to early season league scoring leader Boone Jenner. The latter, a Blue Jackets’ blue-chipper, has 16 points, while Biggs is averaging one a game, with the playing time he wasn’t afforded as a freshman at Miami (Ohio) University last year.

“I think Tyler and Michael Dal Colle are the perfect complement on that line for Boone,” said Oshawa general manager Jeff Twohey. “Tyler and Michael work very well down low and they have a way of finding Boone. And when the puck is turned over, they’re all committed to defence.

“Tyler is treating this like his first pro season. He’s not a kid anymore, he’s a man. He had a great outlook after (the NHL lockout changed plans). And had we lost him to the Marlies, it’s fair to say we wouldn’t be 6-1 right now.”

Twohey says he’s connected with Biggs on another level, a mutual love of military history books.

“I started reading No Easy Day, the Navy Seals book, and saw he got it the same day,” Twohey said. “It’s great when you can discuss a topic such as that with someone his age.

“I don’t know if he’ll ever be flashy, but he has five goals now and it’s a credit to the Leafs that he’s this mature.”

Dave Poulin, the Leafs’ vice-president, director of hockey operations, is ecstatic at the direction Biggs has taken so far.

“He’s playing a complete game as we hoped,” Poulin said. “We liked it, too, that he is being challenged a few times by his coach (DJ Smith). If something happens, we’ve seen Tyler get sat him out a shift, but he responds.”

Stephen23 is offline   Reply With Quote