View Single Post
Old
10-10-2012, 08:58 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Funny, In my reality the Blue Jackets list those names on their "Front Office" Staff directory...
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=48283

how does it work in yours?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he was talking about Howson and above.

I knew what he was talking about, you knew what he was talking about. He wasn't talking about a new coach every season or the turnover in scouting, he was talking about arguable gains from the GM and what appears to be a pretty dramatic decline in performance from the office of the President from the only other turnover in 10+ years. Dougie. I wouldn't be surprised if he was dumping on the owner again as well (who, ultimately, is responsible for those in the GM and President position).

Sure we can beat this dead horse a few more times. Howson needs gone, IMO, but that isn't happening anytime soon. You may not agree, but that really doesn't matter all that much in the scheme of things. Priest needs replaced, that might happen soon. Hell Priest could very well welcome that.

Ultimately there is a group of people that believe that the person that should have been gone during the decision to relieve Hitch or Howson was Howson. There are those that agreed that Hitch should be gone, but that didn't mean they supported Howson. Howson's performance as a GM doesn't justify his continued employment. Priest's performance doesn't justify continued employment. Yet, those are the most stable positions on the team right now.

I see you mentioned the scouting staff, but let's face it. That was Howson's responsibility. If they weren't doing the job, that is on him.

This is the lockout thread, however. Davidson would be a nice start to change during the lockout. That is the kind of change that Lee is probably looking for. Let him figure out if Howson is worth saving.

Last edited by blahblah: 10-10-2012 at 09:05 AM.