View Single Post
Old
10-10-2012, 09:00 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I want to see another consistent year from Del Zotto.
I agree with you there. But there is a lot of optimism for him. It really said a lot about his character for him to comeback last year and post 41 points after playing the majority of the prior season in CT, especially for someone who is at a raw young age. 10 points in the playoffs, though he could've been better, still.

Of the top 18 defensemen in scoring last year, only 3 were ahead of del zotto that were under the age of 25. Karlsson, Pietrangelo, and Shattenkirk. All of them are older than Del Zotto.

Karlsson turns 23 in May
Pietrangelo turns 23 in January
Shattenkirk turns 24 in January
Del Zotto turns 23 in June

Not that the ages are a huge difference, but I think it makes all the more reason as to why Del Zotto should be on that list. Other than Karlsson, the other 3 all have very similar career stats. No reason DZ shouldn't have been on that list. In fact, considering that Staal, McDonagh, and Girardi are mostly stay-at-home defensemen should also play in DZ's favor. He provides more of the offense from the backend. Meanwhile Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk both play on the blues. Though when you look at both defenses, the rangers points were spread out better so it's really up for debate.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote