View Single Post
Old
10-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Skraut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he was talking about Howson and above.

I knew what he was talking about, you knew what he was talking about. He wasn't talking about a new coach every season or the turnover in scouting, he was talking about arguable gains from the GM and what appears to be a pretty dramatic decline in performance from the office of the President from the only other turnover in 10+ years. Dougie. I wouldn't be surprised if he was dumping on the owner again as well (who, ultimately, is responsible for those in the GM and President position).
It can't be "Howson and Above" because Lee mentioned Craig Patrick who is neither.

This is what I'm trying to get people to see. It's a Front Office, and there are a hell of a lot more to running a team than just 2 guys. But this is where the current groupthink blinders are focused on. Change is happening all around but it seems Howson is a master magician, because you're all so busy looking at him, that you're not noticing it.

Over half of my videos contain no current Blue Jackets players. Yet every trade deadline/July first we sit through the inevitable "Howson isn't doing anything" posts. If that is the case I hope the lockout ends soon so I can see Zherdev and Fritsche again.

You can argue that the WRONG changes are being made. That is perfectly fine. You can argue that the changes you want aren't being made, that is also fine. But to argue that NO changes are being made is completely myopic and ignoring the larger picture.

I'm asking posters to think. There isn't any hockey to watch, we have plenty of time for it.