Thread: Proposal: Kessel to the ducks
View Single Post
Old
10-10-2012, 10:29 AM
NaiveLeafsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I'd take Ryan over Kessel any day. Both are mid-30 goal scorers, but Ryan has many other elements to his game that Kessel lacks. When Kessel isn't scoring goals, he has little to no impact on the game whatsoever. It drives Leaf fans 'mad' when he's in the middle of a scoring drought, because he does nothing else. Kessel is a very good goal scorer, but mediocre at every other facet of the game.
Except Kessel has been our most consistent player the past three seasons...

The only knock I have on Kessel is his commitment to taking a hit. He's progressed in the d-zone and on the back check. He's never going to be a Toews/Bergeron type player.

What he does do, he does at an elite level. That's puck movement, transitional play, playmaking, and scoring. Yes he is mediocre (average, but I'm sure most Leaf fans will read that with a negative connotation) with some facets of the game, but no ones ever gonna claim Kessel's the American Crosby...right? He is what he is...which is an elite RW who can playmake and score with the best in the league, has blinding speed and rarely will take a game off.

NaiveLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote