View Single Post
Old
10-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Less organizations mean less fights. Less fights mean more fighters unable to train full time. Less fighters training full time means quality of prospect development might be stunted. I don't see how anybody can look at an organization that wasn't fixing fights or being crooked closing as "good news", in any form or fashion. We the fans get less fights out of this too. Not every UFC fight has to be two title contenders for me to be entertained. I love the sport, not the UFC. The last few Strikeforce cards have by no means been pure blowouts.

I just can't fathom how some people feel this is positive news. Guys on the preliminary UFC cards, who still happen to be damn good fighters, may lose their jobs over this for no good reason other than an influx of talent pushing them out.

I hate this concept of trying to make every UFC event a supercard. Every time an organization that pays fighters good money to fight closes down, it hurts the sport. Plain and simple. I don't see any two ways about it.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote