View Single Post
Old
10-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Remcat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
That's the one I always use too. I was just bringing up the N Station season parking rate because we were never given actual rates for the season. The email they sent was just a questionnaire.

I believe everyone was remembering the cost per individual games to be $25. And most seemed to think the season rate would be between $18-$23 per game. The fact that it is $5 higher than the individual rate makes me think JJ must have aquired rights to the garage for this season.
Yup- a 75 year lease in May 2012. Per an ESPN article...

Also, the current North Station parking garage below the Garden will receive an upgrade with added exits. Jacobs explained that his Delaware North Company recently signed a 75-year lease with the MBTA for the North Station parking and have already applied for permits for the additional exits that will spill onto Causeway Street once completed.

“We’ve been working hard on that front, nothing is sort of ready for ‘prime time’ but there is movement afoot on that and we do have some plans in the works,” Jacobs said. “As you know, we leased it for 75 years in the hopes that we can better serve our customers going forward on game nights.”

Those exits will not be completed by October. Jacobs could not put a timetable on completion of the parking garage expansion.

“As anybody who has attended a game or any event at the Garden, it can be very difficult to get out and I personally have experienced it,” Jacobs said. “It’s a grind and our hope is to improve that experience by having an extra outlet.”