View Single Post
Old
10-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remcat View Post
Yup- a 75 year lease in May 2012. Per an ESPN article...

Also, the current North Station parking garage below the Garden will receive an upgrade with added exits. Jacobs explained that his Delaware North Company recently signed a 75-year lease with the MBTA for the North Station parking and have already applied for permits for the additional exits that will spill onto Causeway Street once completed.

“We’ve been working hard on that front, nothing is sort of ready for ‘prime time’ but there is movement afoot on that and we do have some plans in the works,” Jacobs said. “As you know, we leased it for 75 years in the hopes that we can better serve our customers going forward on game nights.”

Those exits will not be completed by October. Jacobs could not put a timetable on completion of the parking garage expansion.

“As anybody who has attended a game or any event at the Garden, it can be very difficult to get out and I personally have experienced it,” Jacobs said. “It’s a grind and our hope is to improve that experience by having an extra outlet.”
Holy crap! A remcat sighting!

Thanks. I didn't even see the article. No surprises though. I'd expect to see the the individual event rate to go from $25 -> $35 now that the mob boss has control.

God knows my fat ass needs the 10 minute walk from Charlestown before a game. And after slugging down a few sammies during the game, I'll need it even more after!

A good friend of mine who drives to a lot of C's and B's games, and is in a wheel chair, is gonna be pissed though. He always uses the N. Station garage because of the easy access with his chair.