View Single Post
Old
10-10-2012, 06:56 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.h...medium=twitter
Quote:
According to Crunch general manager Julien BriseBois, Connolly’s presence in Syracuse should benefit him both in the short term, as well as in his long-term development.

“There a number of quality players in the American Hockey League this year, and that competition is going to give Brett the closest thing to NHL hockey this year,” BriseBois said. “There have been a number of instances in which established NHL players have been assigned to the AHL, and they went down there and took on bigger roles and played more minutes. They then became impact players at the NHL level. We don’t see this situation with Brett to be any different.”
Quote:
“There is certainly going to be a benefit, even for those who already have NHL experience,” BriseBois added. “He’ll get a chance to play in all types of different situations, and he’ll be looked upon to be a leader coming from playing in Tampa Bay last season. Even though he will start at the AHL level, this should be looked at as a very important year for him.”
Quote:
“Coming into this year, I knew I needed to make an impression,” Connolly said. “I felt like I needed to change a lot of things not just in my game, but off the ice like learning how to be a professional. I think right now playing in Syracuse will give me the best opportunity to do that, so I’m looking forward to improving as a player down there in my own game and contributing in any way I can to help that team win.”
https://twitter.com/Russostrib
Quote:
#gophers coach Don Lucia says he will likely rotate goalies Shibrowski and Wilcox the first 3 weeks

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 10-10-2012 at 07:06 PM.