View Single Post
Old
10-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
If the Caps felt he was a servicable 2C, they wouldn't have had to get Ribiero. If they want to put him at 3C, he is tremendously overpaid. If they want to put him a 2LW, production on that line, especially at ES, will suffer.
You don't go deep in the playoffs with a serviceable 2C. He's definitely serviceable there, but a contending team doesn't just want a serviceable player in key positions.
He's not that overpaid at 3C when you consider he's also capable of logging PP and PK minutes and adding significant PP points (in addition to his general roster flexibility).
Him being at 2LW in the past hasn't caused the 2nd line to suffer. If anything, he was a staple on some of our best second lines.

Quote:
Chimera, with lesser linemates for the most part, has scored 25 ES goals the last 2 years to Laich's 21. I feel that he could replace Laich on the PP and put up similar numbers, all for nearly $3M less each year.
Chimera doesn't score his goals in anywhere near the same fashion as Laich, especially on the powerplay. Laich is much better suited as a powerplay net presence than Chimera.

Quote:
Let's continue playing the "What If" game. What if Alzner gets hurt next year? I'd much rather the Caps have Perreault or Chimera filling in for Laich in the top 6 than having Schultz or Hamrlik at 1LD.
While I agree that we're thin at the top of the line-up at LD, I don't think we're particularly worse off than we are in terms of the top six. Hamrlik/Green was our #1 and shutdown pairing at the start of last season before Green got hurt. Schultz/Green has been our #1 pairing in the past and led us to a President's Trophy. Ideal? Far from it, but we can manage if the rest of the line-up is doing well.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote