View Single Post
Old
10-11-2012, 06:10 AM
Fulcrum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
I have disagreement with some of your choices. tkachyov is probably the fastest skater in the tournament, he creates problems for other teams defense, especially on the pk. Also he opens up ice for other players when he's on - dont care about his points in MHL....
Nichushkin a bit young, Shalunov yes he should go, Kapustin -a tad over rated, there are def. better players. Maybe not Zharkov and Zykov, but both bring size with skill, always nice to bring some size (Kosov).... Zlobin for sure, he's a gamer - plays good in big games - smart player who back checks + is a great playmaker (cant bring all snipers to the party).
Pedan.. I hope you don't judge him on the summer series because he was rusty but he is big, physical and skilled - dumb yes sometimes.
For me D is: Sergeyev Nesterov Dyakov Naumenkov Zadorov Pedan ....Anyone seen Vasiliev play in th USHL- supposed to be a big prospect was injured last year...
I agree with you that Tkachyov is talented and fast, but I'm sticking to my theory that playing in pro-adult hockey leagues is more efficient. That's where players learn that positioning is more efficient (on big ice esp.) than speed. Same reason that slower veteran players are better than the fast youth.

I've seen Pedan play in OHL, last year's SSS and the SS, he's been away from big ice for too long in OHL. Yes, he can be big and tough, but skilled? MAYBE marginally. Size is not as important on big rinks (like it was in Alberta and Buffalo) He's inexperienced on big ice too. And the penalties that he takes are just TOO many, TOO stupid. He makes horrible decisions with the puck too. You can't afford undisciplined guys like him on a (to be) championship team.

I'de MUCH rather have Mironov from Dinamo on the team. He's 6'2'', not a small guy. Getting very serious PP and PK time in KHL!

Nichushkin is young, but he is just such a beast on the puck. If you watch him play in VHL, he has SO much power- the adults are having a hard time stopping him. It's like an unstoppable tank towards the net. After watching a few games with him, I feel like he's almost a must for the team. I hope Varnakov sees that.

Anyway, lots to be happy about as far as selection goes for this year.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote