View Single Post
Old
10-11-2012, 09:53 AM
tourlord*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Thank you....somebody that has watched him for a while other than Knights fans for a few games that have a 'homer' attitude and want him to do well. Wishing for a good goalie and having a good goalie are two different things.
Go ahead and mark it down, we will have a different goalie by January not named Baille. (and save me the story about the kid who stole the memorial cup last year in his overage year.) I too wish that when we acquired Baille he was going to be a suitable replacement.
Please understand, that I am not basing this on his win/loss record right now (otherwise I would be a fan), and am not unhappy with him because he is not named Houser. I do not think his style is good enough to carry a championship team. His rebounds are horrible. (watch the tape and tell me I am wrong). How do you improve that drastically in your final year? You dont. He is slow and at times out of position. I'd be much happier if he was 17 and was a project. He is an overage goalie supposed to lead us all the way. Not good enough.
Also please remember, we have arguably the best defencive corps in the OHL. Teichmann (former 1st round pick for all of you who love to promote that) could probably be doing what Baille is up to this point.
Yeah watched him all year last year and my father and I used to laugh at people wearing Bailie jerseys. We'd be like, uh, kid, have you seen him play? I was shocked when I found out the Knights traded for him. I couldn't believe they made that mistake. I mean he looks good now, but its because of your team. You'll see what I mean.

Last edited by tourlord*: 10-13-2012 at 12:40 PM.