Thread: Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College
View Single Post
10-11-2012, 12:14 PM
dialed in your mom
vCash: 500
Just a couple of notes from this past weekend.

Nick Shore had a very solid game this past weekend against the Thunderbirds of BC in an exhibition game. The final score ended up being 2-2 but Shore put on a clinic showing how far he has come along since his draft.

"I spent this off season the same way I always do where my hockey is concerned. I worked hard at improving every aspect of my game and getting stronger" Shore set up the first goal of the game by setting up fellow Pioneer Jarrod Mermis with a perfect pass from the left side. "I saw Jarrod jumping in and knew that if I could make a nice pass that he would find the back of the net" Shore said.

Nick has always had a sort of Jack of all trades master of none sort of game in my opinion but towards the middle of last season he seemed to take a big step forward in developing his offencive game. Saturday night showed that his hard work during the offseason has helped him take yet another step forward in becoming an elite prospect in every aspect of the game.

"I didn't really change anything, I think I am just seeing things better" said Shore after the game "it would have been better if we could have won".

I left the game very impressed both with Nick's continued maturity and the improvement to his game. He was clearly the best player on the ice most of the time for either team and if he continues on his current path could become a very good 2nd/3rd line center for us in a few short years.

It's a long season ahead and I will get back to see Nick play at least two more times before the season is over and will write more then.

I am also going to keep an eye on Quinten Shore who has just joined the Pioneers and looked really good at a recent prospects game.