View Single Post
Old
10-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Aerial

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
I thought he was sick/injured (don't remember which) for the WJC so I'm not concerned.
As far as I know, that rumour started on this board or similar by people noting how "off" he was playing. A couple of people in a position to know have said very emphatically that he wasn't fighting an injury. He just didn't have a good tournament.

That said, the whole "sliding" thing is silly. As others said, it's just "shinier and newer" syndrome. Each year you're going to add some prospects that are legitimately better, and some which still just haven't had time to disappoint.

He had a really strong playoffs with Barrie and a strong Canada-Russia Challenge, and is off to a super hot start in the OHL this season. That's all that really matters, not subjective and somewhat arbitrary "rankings."

ETA: As far as his games with the IceCaps, I just thought he was exhausted and it showed. McCambridge said similar during the off-season, that he was just really, really worn down at that point... kid had been playing hockey for basically two years straight and was coming off a WILD year and a pretty bruising play-off campaign with Barrie. They wanted him to get a taste of it, but I don't think they were looking for him to lead the charge at that point.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote