View Single Post
Old
10-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrappingYoungChad View Post
Just got back from the game in Saskatoon. Bjorkstrand had an excellent game...super glad he was rewarded with some points. Some thoughts:
- Not very physical but definitely not afraid (and in fact, very willing) to go to the dirty areas.
- Great shot. I tracked 4 SOG, one of which was a beautiful snipe. Two of the others Makarov had a hard time controlling, which is a good sign for a shooter.
- Great passer. Sometimes tried forcing a play that was't there down low, but all in all he seems to have tremendous vision.
- Very strong on the puck down low; confident while carrying it up ice too.

I'd be curious to hear Mr. Cody Nickolet's thoughts on his game tonight.
This show that beside the puck-skill assets he also has a fighting attitude. Physicality can be learned with age (and if he keeps growing). At this point in his career avoiding serious injuries are probably more important, than slugging it on the ice. I think it's only positive for his development that he is not afraid to finetune his sniping skills. His playmaking are maybe too advanced sometimes...but that he keeps trying them will only be a bonus as they players around him get better and faster.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote