View Single Post
Old
05-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!
I think Abiesher, Ribeiro and Zednik olds different values to different teams. Teams that suffer in the playoff may be interested in a guy like Zednik (Calgary comes to mind). A team that is rebuilding and would like to have a cheap no.1 goalie and additional depth at center.

Teams that come to mind would be St-Louis where they could use Abiesher, Ribeiro and Zednik. Perhaps a guy like Jackman could be obtained. I would be willing to give Steit to sweeten the deal. I would then use Jackman as a traid bait for something else.

For Zednik alone I think a 2nrd pick would do the trick. I do not think you can expect much more.

Personally I think our defense needs a little help, Bouillon and Dandenault are more then fine on the last pairing they are both fast skater and can lead the rush if need be. They showed they where our most effective pairing in the playoff. Markov and Komisarek, I would not touch, Komisarek made huge strides this year playing with Markov and as he grows in confidence Markov will as well. These two guys are our future top 2 D for the team if they are not already. That leaves Souray and Rivet. I think Rivet handeled himself well this year but to be honest Souray as some difficulty with the speed of the game. If we where to upgrade one Dmen I think it should be Souray!!

Guys like Chara, Reden, Johnsson would all be upgrades (please no Jovanovski)
Bouillon is colorful and a fan favorite but not a reliable defender. Souray is more noted for his slapshot and toughness than for his defensive coverage. Rivet is better defensively than Souray but makes costly mistakes.

Sure, Chara and Redden would be better than what the Habs put on the ice, but from watching the Buffalo-Ottawa series I've concluded that Chara in particular is overrated.