View Single Post
Old
10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
EasternOntario Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff077 View Post
Dean Derouchie has 9 goals & 12 assists in 8 games for CharLan in the EOJHL and had 3 goals & 3 assists in 4 exhibition games with Gloucester.
Looking for input as to why he is not playing in the CCHL. Was he not good enough? Jennings factor in Gloucester?
Obviously the kid has offensive skill for a '96, I would like someones perspective that may know a little bit more about the situation.
I am sure he is not playing in the CCHL for Gloucester because they only had two sixteen year old cards, and felt he wasn't in the top two. Gloucester has had problems on D for years, so I am sure they are hoping Keuhl gets experience this year and will be a top four for the next few years. I saw a couple of exhibition games and thought Dean looked very,very good---he actually surprised me because although good in Minor Midget,he never really dominated in my opinion. So to make the Rangers he would have had to beat out Patrick White for the forward position----and just my opinion again, but I think White is definately the stronger of the two. The Rangers have some decent young guys for next year---Dean, O Neill , Dibello, all guys that will play and contribute next year.