View Single Post
Old
10-11-2012, 06:45 PM
hbk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post
Hot off the presses! An article from the Generals' site about our boy Lucas Lessio!

http://www.oshawagenerals.com/articl...-secret-weapon

I'll post the Wednesday tallies in a bit, as rt mentioned Henrik scored a shortie against Medicine Hat last night.

Also, a question I'd pose to you guys: While Connor Murphy finally seems to have gotten over the injury bug and looks to be an elite talent from the few reports we've seen from him, does anyone else wish we had taken Boone Jenner instead? Boone went 17 picks later so it might have seemed like a bit of a reach, but I remember being on twitter that day and all the reports I followed had circled in on Jenner and Rocco Grimaldi as possibilities with our first pick. Given the way Jenner has exploded this year and the fact that Lucas has chemistry with him playing both in Oshawa as well as on Team Canada, I'd have liked to see those two worked their way through our system together.
I really like Jenner but I was and remain very high on Murphy. Much like Samuelsson Jenner's potential at the NHL level will be limited by his skating. Lessio for example may have higher potential because of his ability to play on the first and second line. Jenner projects as more of a 3rd liner. Murphy in my mind projects as a top 3 d man. Top 3 d men are harder to find than a bottom six forward.