Thread: Value of: Voracek/Simmonds
View Single Post
Old
10-11-2012, 07:45 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post

That's the reply we got...what would the Flyers have to add for Edler. I'm not totally aversed to offers coming in like a lot of Canucks fans, but to make a hole that big, Garrison or another piece must make Edler expendable, or the trade has to fill two of our glaring holes in our forward ranks and/or in our defense sans-Edler.

Bryz(if he returns)-Voracek-Simmonds for Edler-Luongo? +? -?

Edler > Simmonds > Luongo(appairently) > Bryzgalov
Edler > Voracek > Luongo(again, appairently) > Bryzgalov
Does the amount that Edler < Simmonds+Voracek by equal the difference that Luongo > Bryz?

This will probably overthrow the peaceful conversation most of us were happy with, but I don't mean to get anyones blood rushing with it. Let's say I am asking what, with Edler, would loosen both wingers from the Flyers hands?
I have to ask, what is the point of the Canucks trading Luongo, their alleged backup goalie with a huge contract, for Bryzgalov, who would be their backup goalie with a huge contract? Even as a Bryz fan, I would obviously do a 1 for 1 swap.

I see Simmonds as close value to Edler. But lets say this season is salvaged, and the Canucks are open to trading Edler. I really cant see them fetching a young, tough, potential 30 goal scorer with a good contract for a their UFA defenseman (Albeit a young, good one)

LetsGoFlyers1825 is online now   Reply With Quote