View Single Post
Old
10-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Keep in mind, "ceiling" is max potential, if he reaches the level everyone thought he would when he was drafted. Does he reach it? Hmm, not sure about that. He was drafted high enough where he SHOULD have #1 center pedigree. The Preds wouldnt have drafted him 7th to be their 3rd line grinder.

Being from Boston and seeing him play for two years, I can say that I thought he was going to be special, and he was drafted with that potential in mind. I still believe that, is that enough to base it on? A first hand account? Even ask Boston College fans, theyll say he was special from the first game he played against them.

He put up 55 points in 43 NCAA games which is incredibly high. In my opinion he'll be better than Grabovski, he has incredible hockey sense, great hands and I remember people commenting on his work ethic all the time when he was drafted. Nothing more than an opinion, not a knock against Grabo.

Also, he hasnt proven anything at the pro level? He put up nearly a PPG in his lone AHL season, does that excuse only count for Kadri?

I think Colin could be a solid #1 at just under a PPG. Maybe 70-75 potential.
That is more of a starting point when talking about Wilson.

My only problem is with trading Grabo for Wilson seems a bit lateral IMHO and seems odd after signing him long term. (Then again we did see it with Schenn.) But I digress I would much rather trade potential for potential.

Kadri
+

Wilson

Both have shown great strides in the AHL both have been pushed down by the current clubs. Let us think on the Schenn for JVR type of deal. Not on the Mike Richards for Brayden Schenn type of deal.

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote