View Single Post
Old
10-11-2012, 09:11 PM
KevFu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo View Post
Don't read what isn't there.

Fact is, hockey will struggle in Seattle as it does in other non-traditional hockey markets. When there are 6 or 7 options people would rather spend their money on, it is impossible for NHL hockey to be a success in Seattle.
Was Ottawa a "non-traditional hockey market" when they got a team in the 90s? Why not? Because they previously had NHL hockey and never stopped having hockey at some level?

Seattle is America's Ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo View Post
NCAA sports are the SAME THING as the WHL. They are the top producing leagues to the pros.

How do you consider the Huskies different from the T-Birds? It is the same thing, different sport.
No. It isn't. Because you don't live with, go to class with, eat with, socialize with, and spend four years of your life 24/7 with a minor league franchise. You do at a University. The connection you have with your university is infinitely deeper than the connection fans have with a pro franchise.

If I had the option to see my alma mater win the Division I Men's Basketball Championship, but my favorite local minor league franchise would be CONTRACTED there wouldn't be a split second hesitation before picking my alma mater.