View Single Post
Old
10-11-2012, 10:00 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Longlegs View Post
I had a feeling someone would jump on me for that one. I simply see distinct similarities in their game. Not aggressive, good vision, poor/slow skating, shy's away from getting hit.

The only difference is Scheifele's size, and that he may still develop into something better (although I doubt it). Whereas Wellwood is clearly no longer improving.

Sorry, this is just how I feel. Scheifele might slightly exceed Wellwood, but minimally if at all IMO.
I thought Mark did an excellant job finishing his checks against Russia this summer and outside the energy line he was the most physical forward in the top 6. Also although his balance still needs to get better his speed and overall skating has really improved. Welly is smallish and also has a history of being a bit of an enigma as far as his commitment to fitness whereas mark is is 6'3" and he put on 15 pounds of muscle this past year and is really dedicated to getting bigger. Mark also made big strides in his defensive game and positioning last year. I really don't see much in common with these two except for vision and hockey IQ and Mark has a ways to go to get to Wellwoods level but I think Mark has a better shot and is less reluctant to use it.

DLL..... I think you could have come up with a better comparison

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote