View Single Post
10-11-2012, 10:43 PM
M.C.G. 31
vCash: 50
So, I got the CM Punk doc on Blu-Ray. Ordered it on Amazon after I couldn't find it in literally ANY store in Ottawa on release day. Fast shipping... I'm happy. Got to watch it when I came home from work, and it's an awesome documentary. I watched the documentary and the Blu-Ray extras, none of the matches yet. Awesome stuff.

A few notes:

- I loved the amount of emphasis they put on his indy days. They went over Ring of Honor really well too and used a lot more footage than I thought they would. They even had CM Punk doing part of the interview in an ROH ring, which was a nice little touch as well.

- It was interesting to see how the office perceived Paul Heyman and you can tell how that affected CM Punk. They weren't even going to bring him to TV so Punk just learned how to do everything in terms of production in OVW.

- The fact that Paul Heyman loved Punk so much hurt CM Punk, but I don't think I've heard of any other wrestler legit just going into Vince's office without any sense of fear and just speaking his mind. Awesome.

- That Joey Mercury story was awesome about Punk helping him and buying his house so he wouldn't lose it.

- I was very surprised to hear Michael Hayes say The Undertaker thought CM Punk would never earn 'Taker's respect in the ring. I just couldn't picture it, but wow. Nonetheless, CM Punk obviously earned it.

- "I have a challenge for you. I want to see what you can do as a heel." ... "What's the challenge?" That says it all.

- You know, CM Punk isn't completely wrong in thinking what he does about WrestleMania 27. The main event should have been CM Punk vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship. It would've been a hell of a lot more better than John Cena vs. The Miz, which was a very lackluster main event, but in this crazy world, it's better than Punk/Cena didn't happen at WrestleMania 27, because we may not have gotten "the promo."

The blu-ray extras are also nice. Him touching on his fractured skull, December to Dismember with Lashley being given the championship instead of Punk and no one thinking Punk was ready (even after 15,000+ chanted "CM Punk" instead of DX just a week before at Survivor Series).

All in all, top to bottom, an awesome set. One of the best WWE documentaries I've watched. My absolute favorite to watch alongside Stone Cold Steve Austin's documentary. It's a must buy for any wrestling fan.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote