Thread: Who to keep?!
View Single Post
Old
05-11-2006, 01:11 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz
Im sick and tired of souray and his stupid defensive play.
Saying he's the 3rd most important player is absurd, that's also basicly saying that souray is better than Markov, non sense.
I think that Sheldon is an important part of this team, in fact he's one of the reason we are a very decent team. He brings some very nice things to our team, including his blast from the point, his leadership and above-average play in all three zones. I don't think he's the perfect blueliner, but he's still a good one who helps the team. That being said, I would most likely feel better if we were to upgrade our blue-line and riding 7 D for all season long, with an additional top4 LD. Markov, Souray, Bouillon, Rivet, Dandenault and Komisarek is a decent top6, and if we can make a stronger top7 with that group, and always have fresh pairs of legs of the ice, we will be a much stronger team. I think we should build with them, not playing yo-yo with bandaids moves. Souray is already a very important part of this team's chemestry, I wouldn't mess with that, especially if we can find a way to optimize the effectiveness of our actual corps. Also, I think that Sheldon's defensive play is a little bit underrated right now. After his atrocious season start, he really started to play better in the defensive zone. And his mistakes, although very flashy, are not occuring every games and not nearly as frequent as some point it out.