View Single Post
Old
10-11-2012, 11:12 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post
Hot off the presses! An article from the Generals' site about our boy Lucas Lessio!

http://www.oshawagenerals.com/articl...-secret-weapon

I'll post the Wednesday tallies in a bit, as rt mentioned Henrik scored a shortie against Medicine Hat last night.

Also, a question I'd pose to you guys: While Connor Murphy finally seems to have gotten over the injury bug and looks to be an elite talent from the few reports we've seen from him, does anyone else wish we had taken Boone Jenner instead? Boone went 17 picks later so it might have seemed like a bit of a reach, but I remember being on twitter that day and all the reports I followed had circled in on Jenner and Rocco Grimaldi as possibilities with our first pick. Given the way Jenner has exploded this year and the fact that Lucas has chemistry with him playing both in Oshawa as well as on Team Canada, I'd have liked to see those two worked their way through our system together.
I was screaming "BOOOOONE!" at the television set over and over again as the Coyotes went to make their pick. When they instead chose Murphy, I was livid. Just fuming.

When I saw Jenner at the WJCs, I LOVED his game. Kid plays like a lion. Amazing heart and soul approach.

Having said that, he's the worst skating hockey player I've ever seen on national television. He makes Paul Bissonnette look like Enver Lisin. I has a loooooooooong eay to go before he's even a fourth line winger at the NHL level.

Conversely, Murphy obvious has a ton of talent and a dynamic game that could potential make him an amazing package of tools. Fantastic skating for an ENORMOUS frame, with elite offensive potential and a ton of moxy. Will he ever stay healthy? Will he ever fill out? Has he missed way too much integral development time? He's a big project and will take a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Both are long shots, frankly. Both will take years to arrive. Murphy isn't any more or less likely to be an effective NHL player but is MUCH more likely to be a high end NHL player than Jenner is. At least in my opinion, which is worth very little.

As much crow as it requires me to eat, I'm not sure I'd trade Murphy for Jenner.