View Single Post
Old
10-12-2012, 07:47 AM
HockeySS19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo View Post
Because there are people in those cities actually like hockey.
I recently worked at a large technology company in the area. Just in my small department, there were at least 5 hockey fans that I knew of. When I was walking by a different department one morning, I eavesdropped on a conversation two people were having about hockey during the playoffs.

Then there's the GSHL. -- http://gshockey.com -- There are dozens upon dozens of teams registered each season. Take into account all of those players registered, plus the friends and family that they would bring along to an NHL game.

Then think of all of the Vancouverites who would travel down to see hockey, as has been mentioned already.

Just because minor league hockey doesn't sell out in the area doesn't mean NHL hockey couldn't. They are two different calibers of play. I would definitely travel 30 miles to see the NHL team (I already did this drive 2x a week to play hockey). I would not travel 30 miles to see a minor league team. But that's just me.

Many people in this area DO like hockey. If there were a team there, I'm pretty sure they'd check it out.