View Single Post
Old
10-12-2012, 09:34 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Taking a look at the rosters within the division, I imagine Rochester will give the Marlies their biggest headaches this season. They have a good group of young talent: Markus Foligno, Luke Adam, Zemgus Girgensons, Phil Varone, Mark Pysk, Brendan McNabb, Jerome Gauthier-Leduc to name a few.

And have a real strong infusion of veterans including some with NHL experience. Mark Mancari is a top AHL forward in any other season, Nick Tarnasky is a goon who can chip in offensively, but is NHL experienced also (he was apart of those goon videos in the KHL last season). Corey Tropp was very strong for the Sabres last season, Cody Hodgson I expect will rip it up offensively. Kevin Porter spent the last few seasons in the NHL and I imagine he scores highly also.

Their goaltending is solid also, and have a good coach. Just by taking a look at the roster, I imagine they will be one of the top teams in the division (with the Marlies of course ). That's not to say the other teams are push overs, Marlies will battle with all of them, but Rochester should give them the biggest challenge.