Thread: STU Tommies
View Single Post
Old
10-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Island Husky

vCash: 500
This is an interesting discussion, and very popular today in the "marketing" world of everything, St Mary's brought in branding a number of years ago; it is something that will apply to the entire university as Gleanerguy attests. For the record, St Mary's has had that M with the Husky forever, and whereas I think it is instantly recognizable, I believe the T would go even further. I must say whenever I see anything St Thomas, and there are many schools, churches, etc of that name throughout North America, I always look to see the green and gold. And I might add, I think the maintenance of the colours is equally important. I mean on PEI, the UPEI colors are Green, White, and Rust. ( for obvious reasons, if any of you have attempted to clean your vehicles after visiting here) but since the early nineties, they have been deferring to black. Yet for years people wore UPEI clothing from the bookstore, and mostly green, now I rarely see it. My point is, people will go to your games regardless of the jersey you are wearing, but team's seem to think it is so important.