View Single Post
Old
10-12-2012, 11:01 AM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkrat22 View Post
I guess I am jus not getting across my point. the neck guards I have seen are made with a nylon outer shell and some foam padding underneath. the nylon type substance is, from what I have seen, no thicker than the shell of a hockey pant. And since I have personally been stabbed by a skate through my hockey pant, and all the layers underneath my hockey pants to leave me with a pretty big zipper, I question how much the neck guards will actually protect someone from a Zednik type injury. Now if someone were to wear one of the compression shirt with the rather large neck guard that is built in I would think that may do some good. I dont agree that a neck guard that just wraps around the neck with a piece of velcro to close it. That is really not attached in any other way. that only is made from the nylon type material that a hockey pant shell is made from. Isnt going to protect some one very much. Since this is the type of neck guard that I see most kids wear, that I also see for sale in most hockey shops.
To put this to rest, the neckguard materials are BNQ-certified while the nylon in your pants were not.

That's it.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote