View Single Post
Old
10-12-2012, 07:39 PM
  #199
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,800
vCash: 500
Dunno if this has been floated yet, and I'll have to let the experts tell me if it's financially plausible:

Take a percentage off the top of revenue for sharing... so every team contributes 10% of revenue for example. The remaining 90% is split, and salaries are calculated as a percentage off this number, not 100%. Players get paid, owners get paid... owners who would be put at a net loss by contributing to rev sharing get their money back. Whatever remains in the pot gets distributed by some need-based calculation. Finally throw in 7-year contract limits, and make the cap hit for a player equivalent to the salary paid.

At first glance all sides hate it, which is how you know it's a good deal

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote