View Single Post
Old
10-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Dangles McGavin
Embrace the Petri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
Not intending to call you out, but I'm wondering why you feel Kadri took a step backwards last year?

Every piece of information available to me suggests otherwise. I'm curious as to how you feel he's regressed? From my vantage point Kadri has improved incrementally every year and is on pace with others in his draft year with the exception of the elite top 4.
Sure, no problem. I think zeke touched on what I wanted to say below. When I say he took a step back I don't necessarily mean that he got a lot worse- moreso that he didn't advance in his development at all.

With that said, though, I do think he was 'worse' this past season. From the handful of Marlies games I saw, he was a non-factor for the majority of his shifts. Sure, he occasionally chimes in with an offensive spark, but it isn't all that frequent. In his first season in the AHL he had that 'swagger' and was much more dangerous offensively. He made those high-level passes. There was one game I was at in his pro rookie season, and he got three beautiful assists in the game- he absolutely dominated the offensive zone. Last year, from what I saw of him, he was less involved. He seemed to float around a lot, and his 'nifty mittens' were less effective.

Again, I like Kadri, and I hope he'll become an NHLer. But I expected his stats to explode (or at least increase) last year, but they didn't. He didn't seem overly superior to the average AHL player, and that's why he wasn't called up full-time.